Skip to main content

Joke - Is a computer male or female?

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.
"House" for instance, is feminine : "la casa."
"Pencil," however, is masculine : "el lapiz."
A student asked, "What gender is computer?"
Instead of answering, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.
The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be the feminine gender ( "la computadora"), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to  everyone else
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half of your paycheck on accessories for it.

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine ("El computador"), because :

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

THE WOMEN WON.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Skyliners- Since I Don't Have You

I don't have plans and schemes And I don't have hopes and dreams I don't have anything Since I don't have you I don't have fond desires And I don't have happy hours I don't have anything Since I don't have you I don't have happiness, and I guess I never will again When you walked out on me In walked old misery And he's been here since then I don't have love to share And I don't have one who cares I don't have anything Since I don't have You, you, you, you You, you, you, you You, you, you, you (You) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skyliner  

Poor Love (Return part 2)

    You sold me on your narcissistic words. I spoke passively in turn.   Years of regret sit heavily in my chest.  Not that you accepted the memo.   So bound in what's right in front of your face, there's no possibility of a daydream.   I willed for Love to bring you into my universe. A place where our mutual desires   vanquish past mistakes.   Not lately. Always astray.   I die. Each time,   your impassive stare denies. Each and every time.   The piece of me that will always belong to you.    You remain. Skipping peace.   Poor Love,  bound by the elastic of your grace.  Joy4no1   

Used By Him

I was blanketed in lust. Devoured from the inside with    rhythmic perspiration. Plunging deep, like a knife,    on a cold winter night. I lifted myself towards it like a glutton,    head spinning all of a sudden. He was striving towards some intoxicated hard earned moment,    which I found Herculean and unnerving. I've been thinking of how he looked in ecstasy,    calling my name as if the two were the same. Then he was gone,    the blanket of lust stripped away without shame. Cold and empty without shelter,    it's just my body he's after. Lick my lips,    flip my hair        Where the hell is my            underwear? J.M.