Skip to main content

Bringing The Fight (Ch 2)


* Jaxxen *
Coralee rolled out of bed maybe twenty minutes after I did. I heard her puttering around in her room before I went down to start the coffee. She's wearing that fugly sweater with a shy smile on her freshly scrubbed face, but I can't help but frown.
"There are clothes up in your room that should fit you. Please, wear them."
Hands on hips, she asks, "Are you saying you don't like what I'm wearing?"
"No, I actually don't," I chuckle at her prissy tone, "Why do you hide behind ugly fucking sweaters?"
She flushes a pretty pink, "No reason. Fine, I'll change."
"Good." I grin at her backside.
I finish packing up the food just as she comes back wearing fresh jeans that hug her ass and a light blue flannel shirt that causes me to stare at the tits straining against the material. Fuck me, she's big-breasted! How am I suppose to keep my eyes and hands to myself now?
She catches me gawking, letting out a huff as she struggles to pull the shirt away from her perfect chest, "Shirts a little tight. I should put my sweater back on."
"No," I growl then laugh awkwardly, making her smile, "Looks good. It's getting late. You look great."
Outside we put on our shoes and I load the cooler while she coos at the dogs. I watch her laugh and feel tight all over. She belongs here, with me.
"What are their names? I can't believe I didn't ask last night!" When she shifts, the sunlight turns her hair a brilliant blonde color with soft red undertones.
"Ren and Stimpy." I pet them so I don't stare at her.
She lets out a peal of laughter, "That's brilliant."
"Glad you approve." Once more I peek at Coralee. She's beautiful. Why did I ever think she was ordinary?
She beams at my dogs, "I love Ren and Stimpy."
Clearing my throat, I open the door for her, "Get in."
Now she gives me that cute frown-squint, "So bossy."
The day's warm and there are hardly any clouds in the sky to break the beautiful view. With the mountains before us, I point out things on my property I think she'd like to hear or see, which she eagerly soaks up. The Ponderosa pine trees give some shade as I drive at an easy pace.
"Wow, fifty acres," she sighs, arm propped out the window, "It's so beautiful here Jax. When I was little, I always wanted to come here."
"Is that why you chose Perla?" I question but also wanted to know if the person she's running from knows she likes Montana too.
She shrugs, looking away. I let the subject drop, noticing her body became rigid. It's another five miles to the waterfall I plan to take her to. I lucked out having found it early on and worked over a year clearing the area.
Quiet minutes pass, then she gasps, catching sight of the waterfall. Before I'm finished turning the key to cut the engine off, Coralee's out and running to the edge of the deep pool the cascading ten-foot waterfall splashing down creates. The spot's secluded, but I made sure I'm able to get in and out from two different directions.
"Surprise!" I lamely exclaim.
Coralee grins and her whole face is lit up with delight, "This was the date you planned?"
"Is." I correct her, needing to touch her, so I do. I seize her hand and she lets me, "This is a date Coralee. I never wanted to share this with anyone until I saw you."
She looks down, so I gently touch her chin bringing her face back up. We peer at one another like it's the first time for a few moments before she weakly smiles.
"Let's have lunch," stepping back I drop her hand, "You can place the blanket down if you want."
"Okay. Thank you Jax." she runs back to the jeep to help, "This is so nice. Really."
"It's just the beginning." I honestly tell her.
"Ugh, I hate that saying," she grumbles, wrestling with the large picnic blanket I recently bought. I'm a big guy but overestimated how large the blanket is.
Chuckling, I set the cooler down to help her by taking one side, "Why don't you like it Coralee?"
She jerks a shoulder like it's obvious, "Saying it's just the beginning means there will be an end. A bad one."
I can't have her believing that. "Not with me. This is our beginning but there's plenty more I'll show you. All good, all for you."
"That's sweet, but kinda getting ahead of yourself," she plops down, straightening her legs out, gazing at the water, "Today is enough."
I kneel at her side, attentively examining her expressions, "Who hurt you?"
She stiffens, "Everyone hurts someone, Jax. Why do you live out here all alone? I don't think you do though, with all those women clothes unless you're a cross-dresser?"
Funny girl. "If I tell you the truth, you need to tell me first. Who are you running from? I promise I won't judge you or tell anyone here." I mean town because my buddy's investigating her past as we speak, "Tell me one secret and I'll do the same."
She sighs heavily, running a hand through her hair then studies me with something like resignation on her face, "He was my fiance. Or rather, he told me he was. I was given to him when I was seventeen and I ran after I turned eighteen."
Holly shit. I knew something bad made her a runner, but this is so much more.
Keeping my expression neutral I respond, "Okay, so it's been a few years."
"Months," she bites out, looking pissed and I want to punch something on her behalf, "That was the first time."
I sit down as close as I can to her without touching, "He found you and you got away again? So, how long have you been running?"
She palms her face like I'm annoying the shit outta her, "Jaxxen, don't act like you can help. You're sweet with the flowers and taking me out here, but I shouldn't have said anything. I'll be leaving soon."
Coralee gives me an odd look when I ruefully chuckle. "I can help. I will help. As for leaving? Over my dead body, and I'm hard to kill. All those things back at my house are for you, Sunflower. I knew you needed me and you have me."
Coralee scrambles up onto her knees, "What are you saying?"
I lick my lips as she stares me down. There are so many things I want to promise her but can't. I'm an asshole on even days and a bastard on odd ones. She makes me want to hunt down every dick that ever looked at her wrong and give her the best fuck of her young life at the same time. I'm not a man who cajoles or plays house. Something about Coralee makes me want things I've never considered before, like justice that doesn't come with pay. I don't want to frighten Coralee so turn on the charm.
"Coralee, I bought those clothes and other shit hoping you'd want a place to stay. With me. I'm tired of running, aren't you? I've lived out here all alone, thinking it's enough. Not anymore. Who is he? If you don't tell me, I'll find out either tonight or tomorrow." I warn.
"Who are you?" she questions bright eyes probing mine like I'm playing a trick.
"Someone who won't hurt or abandon you Coralee. If you ever needed to trust someone, trust me." I firm lay it out, staring back into colorful eyes, daring her to detect a lie.
With a shake her head, she breaks eye contact looking pensive. I let her ruminate, opening the cooler to set out the sandwiches I made. Not that I have much of an appetite after such a screwed up conversation.
Someone gave Coralee away? What kind of piece of shit would do that? The bigger piece of shit's the man chasing after this scared girl. I don't want to force answers out of Coralee because she's skittish as hell, but how else am I going to keep her safe?
"He put a tracker in me," she softly says after a thoughtful silence, "I cut it out myself."
"In your leg?"
She shakes her head pointing over her back, "In my shoulder. God, that was painful."
I hide the anger surging through my veins, "What happened to your leg?"
She grabs a sandwich, picks at the cellophane explaining, "After I got the chip out, the man watching me tried to stop me, not knowing I had a kitchen knife. I fell, he took it and cut me but... I got away."
Smiling down at her with an understanding I hope she hears the truth of my words through her inner turmoil, "You're strong Sunflower. I thought as much the night we met. Question is, do you think you're strong?"
She peers up to discover I'm serious, "For a long time, I was numb. Then one day experienced this deep heat inside. Inside my soul. Like a firework about to blow apart if I didn't do something. Every day I'm away from him is like a clock-resetting. If I see him or his men again... I just know I will kill him or he'll kill me."
Shivers shoot down my spine from the intensity of her tone. Yes, this girl has a fire under her ass. I itch to hold her, to tell her she'll never feel that emptiness again but she's not ready so I do the next best thing and fulfill my part of the bargain.
"I hurt people," I confess, "Paid to do it until I couldn't any longer. That kind of life disconnected from every facet of my life and one day it became too much. I get what you mean. People like us need to decide if our mortal soul is worth taking a chance on. If we can find someone else to carry our burdens. You've seen shit Coralee, but let me take it from here."
She bites her lower lip with uncertainty, "Yes, I have seen too much. That's why he'll never stop looking for me. It's been eight months since I last gave him the slip. Why do you care, Jax? I've got a lot of baggage."
Tired of words, I hold her face between my large hands. They look comical cupping her sweet pink cheeks, but I kiss her. I sigh against the pillows she has for lips. This is better than what I anticipated. I imagined this all week. When would she let me kiss her? Where? In front of a waterfall with her pretty eyes swollen with tears, I'll take.
She moans low in her throat, and that's my cue to push greedily into her mouth. Fuck, she tastes so sweet. So pure. Moving my hand up, I caress her hair slowly, softly, running a long strand of the silkiness through my fingers. She's incredibly responsive, leaning forward issuing another low moan from her sinful mouth. I can't wait to find out everything Coralee considers about life as we fucking know it as I kiss her harder. I want to crawl inside of her head and plant seeds of love, lust and eternal life at my side.
With an effort I pull away from Coralee far sooner than my raging hard-on judges is a good idea, "That's why Sunflower."
She appears dazed, licking her swollen lips breathing out, "Dammnn."
Smirking, I mentally pat myself on the back, "Glad you understand now. No more running. I'll take you back to the tavern so you can grab your shit, but from now on you live with me."
Coralee drops the fingers she was touching her mouth with, "So bossy. What will they think?"
I roll my eyes, "You think I give a fuck about these local yokels? You were planning on ghosting, but now you care?"
She gives me a smirk that makes me want to kiss the shit outta her again, "Okay, point taken. Are you always going to be so bossy?"
I hand her the sandwich she dropped. "Yes, but push back. I can take it." she snorts, "You will learn to live off the land and take care of yourself the right way. I'll even teach you self-defense. Now, eat up Sunflower."
The giggle she gives is a happy one. Kissing Coralee feels so natural and right. I can't wait to have her under me, but for now, I will make her smile and safe. I need her trust and to find out who the asshole chasing her is before I go down that rabbit hole.
"I will give you a nickname too," she muses, "Just not yet."
"No." I smirk at her confused face, "It's not a nickname. It's a term of endearment because you are mine."
Coralee blushes beautifully with a frown-squint then eats like a starving animal.
* Coralee *
I must've gone batshit crazy running from Braden all these months. Why else would I let Jaxxen bully me into moving in with him? I perceive he tries to diminish his orders with that megawatt smile he flashes like he already knows how it disarms my defenses, but the man is infuriatingly bossy.
Jax followed me upstairs in the tavern, forbidding me to bring the sweaters I'd collected across states because he stated they were, 'fucking god-awful'. The guy barely fit through the door, pointing out everything to leave behind, maintaining he'd already bought me new clothes. I ended up with hardly anything, telling myself I'd donate the rest after work one day.
"Don't buy me stuff!" I declare on the way back to his so-called cabin, "I make money at Tom's. I can afford my own things."
He shoots me a mischievous smile, then focused on the road. Gah, the man's always tossing smiles my way, making me extremely warm and fuzzy in places I would rather not be. His dark hair flits about his head in the wind, making me wish I'd touched it at the waterfall.
The whole afternoon had been a magical setting with nightmare conversations. I revealed nothing after Jax told me he hurt people for a living before moving to Montana. With his size and mass, I don't doubt it but want to learn more. He will lead Braden right to Perla if he keeps poking around, so I resolve to tell him everything tonight. Well, not everything, but enough so he realizes he doesn't need to look into Braden. By morning I'm confident I'll be back at Tom's, he none the wiser. Jax can't possibly mean to let me stay once he finds out I will not have sex with him.
"Do you like steak?" he asks after petting the dogs when they welcomed us.
"I don't trust people who don't."
He grins, making my pulse leap. "Perfect answer, Sunflower."
Shyly, I follow him into the house after shedding my worn muddy shoes. Jax is going to kill me with his good-looks. After that ridiculously hot kiss by the waterfall, I kept peeking at his mouth. No one ever made me so aroused as he had while kissing. I can still feel the way he stroked my hair.
For such a massive man, Jax is smooth on his feet. Quick. He emptied the cooler, stowed it in a large hall closet then turned to the sink to wash up in the kitchen while I stared like an interloper.
He showed an amused smile over his shoulder when I just stood in the middle of the room, "Do you cook Coralee? Come here."
"Yes, Braden made certain I learned how to cook and entertain," I say, joining him at the sink.
His gray eyes narrow and I knew he caught what I purposely let slip, "Braden, huh? Want to make a salad while I do the steaks?"
I nod, going to the fridge, "Don't go searching for him, Jax. If I get a whiff he's looking around here, I'll be in the wind."
Jax leans against the counter smirking, "Sounds like you're ready to tell me who the fuck he is."
Jax has such a filthy mouth, but I like it. The protective way he speaks makes me think I can open up to him. Why? I don't even know this mountain man, but something about the way he treats me makes me want more. I had no one to tell my tale to before. Might as well be him. Two outsiders finding a mutual connection isn't unheard of in our world. He said as much at the waterfall.
I pull out the vegetables as he laid out a cutting board and knife for me to use. I keep silent until he moved to season the steaks. This will not be easy, and I'm glad I have something to keep me busy while I talk.
"The Winter's adopted me when I was five. My foster parents were older, owning a live-work bakery in a neighborhood that gradually declined into corruption. We were okay for several years. They paid protection to the Conry Family until Braden decided he would rather have me."
Jax stood on the other side of the kitchen behind me, quiet as a mouse. I take a deep breath, trying not to cry, "Since they were old, having put everything into the business they told him yes. In their eyes, what could they do when threatened with arson and death?"
"No comment," Jax growls.
I can still remember the night I came home...
"Cora," mom stopped me in the foyer before I spotted the brand new luggage by the stairs.
"What's going on?"
"You're going on a trip," moms tired eyes blinked slowly, "Take this suitcase and pack a week worth of clothing."
We'd never traveled before, "Where are we going?" I couldn't control the grin on my face as I hefted the case up.
"Just you," she sighed, "A man will be here in an hour to collect you. No, don't ask anything else. This is... a surprise."
I shrugged, knowing she'd talk when I finished packing. But before I found answers, the man sent to collect me forced me into a car, shoving the suitcase across my lap, giving me a fat lip.
I chop the lettuce like Braden taught me, "My parents died anyway. He set the building on fire, killing them in their sleep. Braden told me that no one cared he took a poor girl off the street and that he saved me. He never said he killed them, but he didn't have to."
"Jesus," Jax banged the cast-iron skillet onto the stove, "Sorry... go on."
I reach for a tomato, squeezing the fruit, "Braden kept me locked in his house, cameras everywhere. At first, someone would follow me, then when I stopped fighting him, he'd let me do little things like cooking. Braden loved degrading me in front of his boss, a man named Enzo. No one was to touch me, but he let Enzo watch sometimes, just for the power play."
"See her flush so prettily for me Enzo," Braden's silky voice taunted me from behind. "Doesn't she look so beautiful with my cock in her ass?" he leaned over my tied down form, hissing in my ear, "You're lucky Cora. So very lucky."
Enzo licked his lips, jerking his small dick from the armchair he regularly sat in. He wasn't allowed to speak when Braden had me like this, but his dark eyes conveyed all the sick things he wanted to do.
I stare down at my hands, realizing I totally demolished the tomato in my fist. I feel sick, recalling the way Braden wet mouth would send me off into the most electrifying orgasms while scolding how lucky I was.
"Hey," Jax leans over until his concerned face fills my vision, "That's enough for now."
I run the faucet, washing my hands. "I convinced Braden I loved him. He's charming, rich and will not stop until he has me back Jaxxen. You said you used to hurt people," I turn to witness his handsome face dark with anger, "Braden does it for fun."
"He won't find you. If he does, he'll be sorry, but he won't ever hurt you again." Jax sounds so reasonable, "What I did in the past will enable me to protect you Coralee. Men like him are a dime a dozen and I'm not afraid. Can you trust me to help you?"
I sit on a stool with a groan, "I don't know Jax. I've trusted no one before."
"That's no way to live. Look, you obviously aren't distrustful of people. Good ole Tom is probably wrapped around your pretty little finger."
I can't help but smile at the truth, "Tom is a sweetheart. He thinks I'm saving up to visit my grandmother."
"I'm sure he doesn't buy that shit, but whatever," he laughs at me, "You're here now and you'll see Sunflower. I'll prove it to you." He winks, making me blush because he's so charming when he plays.
Shaking my fist out to release the tension I concede, "Fine. Let's table all of this depressing talk and have dinner."
He clapped his big hands together making me jump, "Agreed. Come back around here and try not to kill another tomato."
We settle into an easy rhythm in the kitchen as I wrap up the salad while he cooks the steaks. We sit at the beautiful oak dinner table and after I slow down to appreciate the taste of the food, ask easy questions that won't disrupt the pleasantness of the evening.
"How old are your dogs?"
"I bought them as pups before I came here. Someday I'll go to Alaska and they'll thrive there too." he shakes his head in an obvious fondness for them. "They love it here more than I do I think."
"And you trained them?" I never met dogs trained to protect people.
He nods, finishing his meal, "Some guy I knew a long time ago told me how to do it. Get enough to eat?"
I hold back a belch but my chest burbles and I blush but he only chuckles, "More than enough. I've been living on noodles with the hot water from the coffee pot at Toms."
He looks horrified, then places his warm hand over mine, offering another meaningful smile, "Eat anything, whenever you want. I'm going to fatten you up Sunflower."
* Jaxxen *
I tried to keep things light with Coralee throughout dinner and while we cleaned up the kitchen. She insisted on doing the dishes and I cleaned the counters. It's like we've been living together for months instead of a few hours.
The whole time though, I'm fuming inside about that Braden asshole. Coralee spoke about him in a ghostly, detached voice while she stood there murdering a tomato. Fucking city mobster loser kidnapped her and without permission I'm willing to bet, making it seem like an accident. He probably faked her death too. She's right to be scared, but I'm not weak.
Coralee shyly turns when I follow her out of the dark kitchen. "So, I work at Tom's five until closing. We didn't talk about transportation."
I cross my arms, "I'll take you until he replaces you. Do you want to work there?"
Her hazel eyes widen, "How else will I make money? I looked all over before he took me on."
"You don't need it," I'm coming on strong so add with a smile, "I could use help around here. Work for me."
"Are you being serious? I don't want to depend on you, Jax."
"Then don't. Earn it here with me. I can list twenty things a day for you to do that don't involve busting tables for fucking drunks."
She giggles at that, then bit her lip. Fuck, I wanted to bite and suck those lips. I step closer, dropping my arms. Her eyes rake over my face, her breathing becoming quicker. Oh yeah, she's recalling our kiss. The kiss that sealed her fate with me.
"Are you sleepy?" My voice low, soothing, so she knows she has a choice.
She inhales deep like she's smelling me, leaning forward a little, "Not really. I mean, what do you do around here for fun?"
Like the asshole I am, run my tongue over my lower lip to observe her reaction. Her pupils dilate as her cheeks turn that pretty shade of pink I'm constantly seeking. So responsive is my Sunflower.
"Now you're here, I can figure out a few new ways to have fun." I smirk, "I don't think you'll like it though."
She arranges her small hands on my broad chest, "Try me."
Holding in a groan, I war with myself. I really want to take advantage of her openness, but it's too soon. Coralee's still thinking of running and until I know she won't, I have to behave. The warmth of her little body so close to mine has me hard as hell, but I can't touch her. She deserves my patience.
Bringing her hands up to my lips, I kiss the pulse points on her wrist. The fierce thrumming below her soft skin drives me crazy. Her thick eyelashes lower and Coralee steps closer, shy yet wanting to take this further.
"Usually I play with the dogs before dark." I say, before kissing her forehead with a lightness she probably didn't feel, "Come on, let me show you how I feed them. This will be one of your jobs."
I almost smirked at the red flush that zoomed from her chest to her adorable cheeks when I walk away. Maybe she knows it's too soon too, pretending I didn't trick her by keeping silent.
She helps me feed the dogs then plays with them for a while. The night air turns brisk, but I sit on the porch watching her instead of seeking warmth. The dogs love the new attention of someone that's not me. Coralee exclaims she loves all animals, and I tell her I do too, another thing we have in common. I really don't, I hate cats, but I'm trying to hook this girl into staying with me anyway I can.
"Better get to bed," I say later, wanting to check my emails, "I expect breakfast at seven."
She rolls her eyes, heading for the stairs, "Okay, Mr. Bossy-Pants, you win. I'll tell Tom tomorrow I'm now a live-in maid for the recluse of Perla."
Funny girl. "That's NOT a good endearment Sunflower. Try again."
I wait until I hear her door close then enter my office. I'm glad Coralee isn't fighting me about sticking close because I'm going to fucking murder Braden when I locate him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIPPY

Nippy    She is my iceberg. I have only glimpsed a sneak peek while she hides herself beneath I tell her she is sinking Doing everything I can to thaw the frost on her lips g ives me cracks no one can see as  I watch my glacial queen drift away  in unpredictable seas away from me... Joy4no1

Tricking Astrid (Ch 1)

    Chapter 1 Astrid thought the world of her boyfriend. They had started dating after meeting on the dance floor of a club she frequented. The club was called Bounce and boy did it every Friday and Saturday. He was extremely handsome, which at first made her wonder why he chose her. She wasn't unattractive, just the typical brunette type who men usually found boring at first glance. Blondes had better fun, right? He'd romanced her, made her feel special in little ways until she thought she was in love. Remy was his name and after three months they had yet to have sex. She was never pressured or approached by him like that. What they had gone beyond physical admiration. But after three months she did begin to question WHY they'd not had sex. She lived alone in a two-bedroom house left to her by her deceased grandparents. In actuality, she had no living family. Her friends were few, mostly ones she'd occasionally see at Bounce. She went dancing to cure her

You

YOU tell me I shouldn't care about YOU,      that all your promises were heartfelt but not meant to come true. I believed in YOU. I wanted YOU to believe in us too. My heart has to learn now      how not to beat for two. I am always thinking of YOU. My memory burns with YOU. How could YOU be so cruel? J.M.