Skip to main content

Tricking Astrid (ch 19)



"Why won't you stay at my place?" Calder asked Astrid when he walked up to her driveway at one AM, "I know you don't want to hear it, but Remy creeps me out."
Astrid laughed, unlocking her front door as he nervously looked at all the cars parked street side, "You're right, I don't want to hear it. This is my house! I'll stay right here thank you very much."
Calder locked the door once inside. Astrid turned on the table side lamp then sat down on the couch to take off her boots. He sat beside her feeling anxious and tired.
"Did I tell you how fantastic you looked tonight?" he asked, "You should wear dark makeup more often."
Astrid blushed, "My grandmother was old fashion. When I was twelve and tried to wear to makeup she told me only whores went out in public like that, so I guess I never felt confident enough after she died to try again."
"You did tonight," he picked up the TV remote and switched it on, "Not to pry, but how long ago did your grandparents pass?"
Astrid stood up and as he looked on with interest when she unbuckled her belt and whipped it off. She unbuttoned her jeans answering, "Let's see... I was nineteen. About five years ago. Grandpa Art died of a heart attack and the following week my grandma Mary died the same way, in her sleep. They were soul mates you know. When I buried them, it felt oddly okay. They were still together someplace crabby and negative."
Calder nodded, "I'm sorry you had to do that. Do you have any family nearby?"
Astrid tossed her jeans aside then sat on the couch facing him. Sighing, resting her head on her hand muttered, "No. My parents were only children... like me. Sadly, I'm the last Trahern."
He turned to face her, "Wow, I'm blown away. Sorry, but doesn't that bother you?"
She smiled at his concerned gaze, "I know it must seem unheard of these days. Geez, especially with your large family. Your parents have four boys."
He placed a hand on her bare knee, "I didn't mean to sound callous. My mother died after I was born and father treats me different because of it."
She hadn't realized, "Flo worked for your father and was best friends with your mom. She never told me about you."
"We were all raised in boarding schools. Our dad never wanted us around and he was busy when we were, so it didn't matter. Do you want kids Astrid?"
Laughing, she leaned forward so their faces were inches apart, "Are you offering?" she teased, "I think its way to soon for that."
He grinned, inching his hand up her thigh, "It's just a random question."
Shifting closer she said, "Maybe someday. I know I should have children if my family name depends on it. Which..." she laughed, "It DOES!"
"Trahern? If I marry you will you keep your last name? My friend in college married a girl who did. She liked her last name."
"I'm not traditional, so yeah I probably would. Some men take the woman's last name too."
"My father would shit a brick if I did that," Calder chuckled, "He's been paying more attention to us these last few years, hinting that Cameron, Cody and I need to settle down before he kicks this mortal coil. Chris already has it all, so he's in the clear when we all get together."
"Is that what Calder senior calls it?"
He chuckled again, rubbing his hand up and down her inner thigh, "According to him, yes. Chris is a lawyer, has a beautiful, obedient wife, two kids in boarding school and let's not forget the mistresses."
Astrid frowned, "I thought the last one would be 'car'."
"Chris always had the 'car'. Well, I'm the youngest and as such supposed to be a spoiled brat who never has to be counted on or asked to do anything."
She gripped his wandering hand, stopping it on the top of her leg, "That's bullshit. The youngest is supposed to learn from the mistakes of their siblings. To grow in wisdom from being around them and strive to be a better individual so they can rub it in the face of said siblings."
Calder got a kick out of that, laughing hard, "Oh, and you would know? Miss Only Child over here?"
She cutely stuck out her tongue, "At least that's what I would do."
He grinned, looking at her with affection. She snuggled closer, allowing his arms to go around her shoulders. She sighed tiredly as the TV droned an info-commercial.
"Do you want me to go?" he asked, stroking her back in a massaging pattern.
Astrid yawned, completely relaxing against his body, "Do you want to go?"
He grinned over her shoulder, "If I did, I'd be gone already. It's late and I know you're tired. Hell, I am."
"You can stay here," she lifted her face, "with me?"
They hadn't had sex in his car when at the lake. After her argument with Remy over the phone, he'd simply held her. She had been very quiet and he just held her to let her know he cared. Even if Calder wanted Remy out of her life, he had to be patient. By not forcing his own opinions on Astrid, she'd see Calder's true intentions. He wasn't with her for his own gratification, but because he found her interesting and kind.
"I'd like to stay," he murmured then kissed her lips softly, "But maybe I'll sleep on the couch."
She looked surprised, "Why? My bed is ten times more comfortable and wider."
"Yeah, but you've been through a lot tonight," he spoke seriously, "Whether or not you want to face it, you made a difficult decision tonight."
Her perkiness vanished as she slid her warm body away. He didn't move or speak knowing what he had said was only because he cared for her. She seemed afraid to face facts about Remy, but he would gently remind her of all the fucked up shit the man had pulled.
"Yes, I did," she swallowed hard, "and he knew I'd call you. I mean, there's no one else in my life. Right?"
"Astrid," he spoke softly, afraid that he might make her angry, "I'm glad you called me. You could have taken yourself home. I know you are self-sufficient."
"That's just it," she snapped, dark eyes flaring, "I've never relied on anyone. I have no friends, no family. Just men I fuck."
"I'm your friend," he snapped in return, "That is why I suggested I sleep out here tonight. I am showing you I don't want to be here purely for sex. I am here for YOU."
She huffed as she stood then gazed solemnly down at his flushed face, "I suppose I'm sensitive tonight. You're right Calder, I have had a hard day. I'll bring you a pillow and blanket."
When she went towards her bedroom Calder couldn't help but feel sorry for Astrid. How tough she had it. Her entire life was spent pleasing perverted men and never putting faith in others. He found it hard to believe she had no friends. He recalled meeting Tom briefly, how lust had lit up the man's eyes. He looked like a pervert waiting until Astrid was alone to pounce. He hated guys like that. As he took off his jacket he decided to introduce her to a few of his friends.
She gave him a tiny smile when returning with bedding, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to act so ungrateful Calder. I'm not used to men just... you know, not jumping right into bed when I offer. Remy was sweet like that... at first. I practically raped him."
Calder stood, took the pillow and old blanket from her, tossing them aside then hugged her tightly. She held him back.
"It's okay to be upset," he whispered, pulling back to look into her watery eyes, "To be confused. Shit Astrid, why wouldn't you? Don't get embarrassed or afraid to show me your emotions because, for some damn reason, I like you girl."
She sniffed and smiled, "I like you too. A lot."
She kissed him, pulling his face forward. He tried to pull away, but she wasn't having it, stronger than she appeared. Of course, his heart wasn't into protesting any contact she wanted, kissing her harder.
"Calder," she gasped, breaking away, "I can't tell you how incredible you are. How just by looking at you, I get all mushy. You make me feel good. I didn't want you, staying with Remy so you'd lose interest."
"What?" he held onto her hips, the thin black panties she wore made him itch to rip them off so he could take her, "You stayed with him so I'd go away?"
Groaning, she pushed him away, "I don't know! I thought Remy and I had a perfect thing going. He knows everything about me. For three months we didn't have sex but had a wonderful time together. Then when I initiated sex, it all went to hell! When you came along... I felt special. Beautiful."
"You are beautiful," he took a hold of her again, "and special. You already told me that Abner made you realize why you hadn't felt like that before. If men like that were your only way of knowing what you bring to a relationship, no wonder you have low self-esteem. Not anymore though right?" he teased, shaking her hips playfully, "Don't forget I hit on you the first time we met."
"That's right. I was so sweaty."
"You were?" he didn't remember her like that, "All I recall was how sexy you were when you tried to act like my closeness didn't bother you."
"I liked your closeness."
When they kissed, she was on fire, tugging his clothes off and pressing him down onto the couch then he breathed out, "Let's stop. Go to your room."
"Make me," she grabbed his erection, sliding it in her palm, "Don't tell me you want me to stop and walk away?"
He groaned, bucking his hips when she touched the sensitive tip, "Yes. Stop."
She giggled, "You first."
Calder tangled his hand in her panties and snapped them away, making her giggle louder, "Put me in now or I really will stop."
Astrid slipped his rock-hard erection inside of her ready warmth and he pulled her closer as she moaned against his cheek. Her hold on his forearms tightened as she cursed and rode him hard. He buried his face in the center of her tits, breathing in her scent, tasting her glistening skin.
Astrid climaxed calling his name loudly, and then he was too, not able to stop as planned. He held her hips tightly, pumping his seed deep inside of her shivering body. The few minutes that had passed was mind-numbing. Dazed, he relaxed letting her go. She kissed him softly then slid off into the couch, running her warm hands across his chest.
"Goodnight," she winked, "That was fun."
Rolling onto his side, lost in the blissful moment muttered, "Yeah."
When she walked naked back to her bedroom, his eyes followed loving the shape of her body and how freely she expressed her nakedness. Had she tricked him into sex? He was unsure. Astrid was a sensual woman but men had taken advantage of that side of her sweetness.
He shut off the TV, plunging the living room into darkness. He could hear Astrid getting ready for bed then frowned in thought. Why the hell was he falling for her when it was obvious she would break his heart? That she'd return to Remy? Or get involved knowing Remy was a psycho.
He should leave Astrid alone.
Walk out of her life so she could be with Remy. Calder hated the fact he'd even pursued Astrid after meeting Remy. He could tell right away what kind of man he was. One that would not let his girlfriend go without a nasty fight.
Calder waited until he was sure Astrid was sound asleep before walking out of her house.
* One Week Later*
Astrid huffed and puffed her way up the hill. Her entire body ached. The air in her lungs burned, but she didn't stop.
Didn't stop to take in the glorious city view as she continued to run, now downhill. She was miles away from her house not even caring. The need to run was the only thing she focused on so her anger, her tears would fade away.
She stumbled.
Cursing, realizing a breather was needed she stopped at the small park at the bottom of the hill. It was a neighborhood park with two benches, a teeter-totter, Merry-Go-Round and two old swings. She leaned over the back of a bench, gasping for breath.
She tilted her head towards the clear blue sky, feeling the heat of the afternoon on her bare shoulders. Her sports bra and shorts left little to the imagination and sweat dripped off of her arms and face. After catching her breath turned to re-tie her hair.
That was when she noticed Remy's sleek car parked outside one of the Victorian homes along the street. Just to be sure she wasn't wrong, crossed the street for a better look.
It was his.
She nervously bit her lip, wondering what exactly he was doing in the house. The quietness of the street made her paranoid. Here she was, a sweaty, half-dressed woman pacing in front of a Mercedes.
Remy had not called her once, not even a hang-up call. She hadn't even caught him lurking either. That was a good thing, right? She blinked back tears that suddenly filled her eyes.
Last week when Calder had insisted on sleeping on her couch he had left without a word. When she called, he didn't pick up or answer her text. To say she was confused was an understatement, especially after his impassioned speech about not walking away without a fight. Hadn't he said he was her friend? Why was he suddenly ignoring her? She called like an obsessed woman after a bottle of wine until realizing he had changed his mind.
He had made empty promises and used her.
Then she considered maybe she wasn't his type after all, or that all of her drama with Remy wasn't worth the hassle or his time. Whatever had happened, she felt abandoned. Calder had made her feel things she never had before. Not even Remy had stirred those types emotions.
Astrid heard the front door of the house open when she had her back turned. Quickly, feeling like an idiot, she swiveled around panicked.
Remy froze halfway down the front steps. Astrid looked like a doe caught in his headlights. She didn't know what to do or say. Why had she hung around instead of continuing to run? Like she really, really wanted to do now.
Remy held a large black leather satchel in his right hand, the other clutching his keys. She watched his jaw flex as he descended the steps at a casual pace, keeping his hazel eyes trained on her.
"Thought that was your car," she nervously chuckled, "I'm just out running."
He hit the unlock fob on the keys, opened the back door to put his bag inside, glancing at her with hard eyes. She expected Remy behave like the last time they spoke. He had been so upset, telling her he loved her and all the passionate stuff he typically spoke of.
He was looking at her none of that now only as if he'd rather never see her again.
Astrid swallowed hard when he slammed the back door, walking the opposite way from her around to the drivers' door. Was he seriously going to not say one word? Looking away, she bit her lip.
When he opened the door she took off running as fast as she could. The short break allowed her to endure the pounding she gave the sidewalk, lungs burning, heart hammering in her ears. Tears fell suddenly, she stopped and bent, crossing her arms over her chest, heaving through the turmoil.
She had run the wrong way, now far from home.
Why had Remy acted so cold! The love triangle she'd somehow managed to be in was insane! Remy was an odd man, Calder, a rich one, and she had no idea which one really cared about her the way they SAID they did. Words were easy on the lips but Astrid trusted no one, not even herself when it came to men. Why had she thought the cycle of shithead boyfriends was behind her?
Hearing a car approach, she sniffed and straightened.
Remy.
Remy had followed her the five blocks she'd run. He put the window down, looking hesitant when seeing her tear streaked face.
"WHAT?" she yelled, feeling like a dork for crying on the sidewalk in broad daylight.
"Get in," he sighed, "Astrid, get in."
"Why were you at that house?" she demanded to know, wiping at tears as she walked.
He still had the hard look on his face.
In his eyes.
Astrid didn't want to go anywhere with him when darkness rolled off of him with a single look. All compassion was absent. Why? Sure, she may have pissed him off, but she had a valid point and relationships were not without fights now and then.
"I was working," he evenly answered, "Are you going to get inside or should I leave?"
She circled the car getting in knowing she shouldn't. She wasn't strong enough to go on feeling this lonely. Remy had to see that. He knew her better than she knew him. It was frustrating to feel so conflicted.
Without looking at Astrid he drove with her sitting awkwardly, sweat dripping onto the seat. His hands flexed on the wheel, mouth in a hard line. What could she say to make this tension go away? To make Remy smile that sexy smirk and return the sparkle in those gorgeous eyes?
Astrid noticed he was heading to her house and she waited for him to say something, anything but he remained mute. When he parked the car, he shut it off and got out much to her surprise. She scrambled out to get her hide-a-key and unlocked the front door. When she turned, Remy pushed his way in, slamming it closed with his foot.
Remy cupped her face with both hands and began kissing her. Not hard, not fast but slow and gently. He sighed into her face when she stepped closer. No idea why, but his actions were all she needed instead of words. By tenderly applying kisses she felt Remy's compassion and love once again.
She didn't know why but once more they were together when she knew Remy would hurt her.
Again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIPPY

Nippy    She is my iceberg. I have only glimpsed a sneak peek while she hides herself beneath I tell her she is sinking Doing everything I can to thaw the frost on her lips g ives me cracks no one can see as  I watch my glacial queen drift away  in unpredictable seas away from me... Joy4no1

Tricking Astrid (Ch 1)

    Chapter 1 Astrid thought the world of her boyfriend. They had started dating after meeting on the dance floor of a club she frequented. The club was called Bounce and boy did it every Friday and Saturday. He was extremely handsome, which at first made her wonder why he chose her. She wasn't unattractive, just the typical brunette type who men usually found boring at first glance. Blondes had better fun, right? He'd romanced her, made her feel special in little ways until she thought she was in love. Remy was his name and after three months they had yet to have sex. She was never pressured or approached by him like that. What they had gone beyond physical admiration. But after three months she did begin to question WHY they'd not had sex. She lived alone in a two-bedroom house left to her by her deceased grandparents. In actuality, she had no living family. Her friends were few, mostly ones she'd occasionally see at Bounce. She went dancing to cure her

You

YOU tell me I shouldn't care about YOU,      that all your promises were heartfelt but not meant to come true. I believed in YOU. I wanted YOU to believe in us too. My heart has to learn now      how not to beat for two. I am always thinking of YOU. My memory burns with YOU. How could YOU be so cruel? J.M.