Skip to main content

Tricking Astrid (Ch 4.2)

Chapter 4 (part 2)

The library was always quiet, so with the other ladies off to lunch she continued to load one arm with books, climb the ladder to re-shelve. Only, she wasn't alone.
After five minutes she looked down, preparing to descend the ladder when she saw a man peering up at her. She gave a tiny yelp of startled surprise, clutching the sides of the narrow ladder to keep balance.
He gave her a teasing, loud laugh. His handsome features beamed upward as he casually stepped away from the steps. Had he been looking up her skirt? The thought made her blush.
He had to be Calder, recognizing the similar handsome bone structure of the Lewis men. The man did not have the same dark hair though. He was blonde. Also, his eyes were intensely the same shade of emerald green as Chris, under heavy lids.
Bedroom eyes.
His stature was stocky, toned by obvious bodybuilding. He only stood a few more inches taller than her. As he watched her slow climb down, Astrid avoiding his eyes as best she could.
"Can I help you?" she snapped, still blushing.
He moved closer, so she looked up at last into those piercing green eyes. They seemed to look directly down into her soul. The closeness of him was awkward, but she didn't back up. He was smiling, cocking his head as if thinking. She began sweating even more.
"What's your name?" his voice was sexy, smoothly deep with an erotic undertone that made Astrid's heart leap in sudden arousal.
She looked away, but his body is so damn close made it impossible to turn her head without seeing him. Astrid steadied herself. What was WRONG with her? He was a Lewis. A fourth C to which, before long, would be bossing her around like Cinderella.
"My name is Astrid," she was glad her voice was calm as she looked directly back at him, "You must be Calder?"
He raised one eyebrow like Cameron sometimes did. "Yes. Astrid, you say? That's a very old Norse name."
She smiled politely, "That's right."
"Do you know what it means?" he smiled back, only it seemed way too seductive for the type of conversation they were having.
"What?" she dumbly asked, lost by his smile.
Again he applied that easy sexy tone, "Astrid means strength. I don't know you, but I'm guessing to work with my asshole brothers you have it in spades."
She couldn't help but giggle, "I suppose so." she felt like a high school girl flirting with the quarterback.
He casually put one arm on a book shelve, blocking her in since they were in the corner of the aisle that only had one entrance. The ladder blocked the other side of her. WHY was he still standing so damn close? If he leaned forward, they could kiss. Still, she held her feet firm. Strength? She was using it all just to not faint in front of this gorgeous fourth Lewis. He seemed oddly interested in whatever kind of game he was playing with her.
"My brothers didn't tell me they had a young woman working here," he said, then glanced down at her breast, "Besides Marla, I mean. But she's just a pup isn't she?"
Astrid wondered what telling her this meant. She must've looked awful! Sweaty, all in black under fluorescent lighting. He looked so handsome. His attire was very casual though for his first day. Light, baggy blue jeans, off-white button-up shirt. She could see his tucked in wife beater underneath but he looked damn good like that. Twenty-five years old and a major power player.
"I'm twenty-three," she offered information that sounded lame to her own ears, "Am I a pup?"
He chuckled huskily, the sparkle in his green eyes seemed pleased, "No. You will be a very good friend around this stifling office. Where are the old biddies?"
"Huh?" she was stunned by his statement.
He reached up brazenly brushing aside a sweaty strand of hair on her cheek. The gesture was intimate. His fingers lingered a heartbeat too long against her skin before he slowly dropped it.
"Florence?" he smiled softly.
"Oh," she blinked. "Lunch. I stayed back to work. I mainly help Cameron and he uses a lot of books."
She felt naked under his intense eyes. They seemed to be drawing her spirit towards him. She was aroused by his touch. Why was he looking the same? It was crazy to be this close to a Lewis.
"Would you like to go to dinner with me tonight?" he bluntly asked.
She blinked hard. HER? "Um... I can't. I mean, are you serious?"
He chuckled sexily, "Yeah! Why not? Don't tell me you haven't been hit on by my brother Cody? Not that I'm any better, but he whores AROUND. You seem like an interesting girl."
She laughed but sobered at the thought of Calder actually liking her when they'd only just met. Maybe Remy had been honest all along when saying she was pretty. She must have shown Calder something to his liking for him to ask her out.
Oh shit! REMY. Her BOYFRIEND.
"I have a boyfriend," she quietly said, feeling a tinge of shame for not feeling more guilty by her attraction to Calder, "He wouldn't appreciate me going to dinner with you I'm sure."
Calder nodded, once more looking down at her breast then back up, "You have a guy. Why wouldn't you?"
"What do you mean?"
"I've never lived here," he dropped his arm, stepping back to a respectful distance, "I was just hoping maybe you could show me around. I just graduated."
"Congratulations."
"Chris isn't too thrilled to have another young partner on the sign outside," he frowned, "But thanks, Astrid."
She felt a little sorry for him so said without thinking it through, "Look, I can still show you the town. I go dancing. Want to go tonight?"
Calder seemed to like that suggestion a lot coming to life with excitement, "Fuck yeah! I'd love to see you shake it on the dance floor woman. See, I knew we could be friends."
She couldn't help but grin as he continued to go on about how Astrid was his type of buddy. Except, from the way the slits of his emerald eyes kept piercing her with intensity, she felt he wanted more than a buddy. A fuck buddy perhaps.
The time Calder spent until rushing away before Flo arrived was following her around, yammering about his college days. The long, tedious test, studying as his friends partied. He came across very charming to her. Down to earth, talking about his brothers as if they were jerks who pretended to be up and coming lawyers. Astrid had always respected the Lewis's. Their traditional family was to be admired. As Calder spent fifteen minutes with her she now allowed herself to admit that his family was a bit prudish, stubborn, snotty and condescending.
Flo and Mallory immediately noticed Astrid's furtive behavior when they came back from lunch. Mallory pestered her until she admitted she'd met Calder and would show him a club she frequented. Mallory and Flo exchanged knowing looks because they'd met her boyfriend at lunch a month ago. They encouraged her to be friendly to Calder. Flo said she had always liked him the best.
She called Remy throughout the day until leaving work. He still didn't answer, and she didn't leave a message. They had never really texted each other, so she fudged that idea.
She was pissed now. Remy was truly ignoring her.
His loss.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIPPY

Nippy    She is my iceberg. I have only glimpsed a sneak peek while she hides herself beneath I tell her she is sinking Doing everything I can to thaw the frost on her lips g ives me cracks no one can see as  I watch my glacial queen drift away  in unpredictable seas away from me... Joy4no1

Tricking Astrid (Ch 1)

    Chapter 1 Astrid thought the world of her boyfriend. They had started dating after meeting on the dance floor of a club she frequented. The club was called Bounce and boy did it every Friday and Saturday. He was extremely handsome, which at first made her wonder why he chose her. She wasn't unattractive, just the typical brunette type who men usually found boring at first glance. Blondes had better fun, right? He'd romanced her, made her feel special in little ways until she thought she was in love. Remy was his name and after three months they had yet to have sex. She was never pressured or approached by him like that. What they had gone beyond physical admiration. But after three months she did begin to question WHY they'd not had sex. She lived alone in a two-bedroom house left to her by her deceased grandparents. In actuality, she had no living family. Her friends were few, mostly ones she'd occasionally see at Bounce. She went dancing to cure her

You

YOU tell me I shouldn't care about YOU,      that all your promises were heartfelt but not meant to come true. I believed in YOU. I wanted YOU to believe in us too. My heart has to learn now      how not to beat for two. I am always thinking of YOU. My memory burns with YOU. How could YOU be so cruel? J.M.