Skip to main content

Blood & Guns (Ch 2)

 

Chapter 2


I wanted to say or do something, feeling Larry would not be coming back. I didn't know either man, but how could Jaben murder someone? Larry seemed resigned, no longer cocky like back at Jerry's. Neither looked back at me and I crossed my arms with helplessness when they disappeared from sight.
Jaben would do what he came all the way out here to do.
He was going to shoot and kill a man who had been at my friends' party. I had been Jabens' tool of disguise as he waited to nab Larry. He had told me as much before that fucking kiss! Why did I chase him? My stupid, reckless behavior was going to end my life. How could Jaben not intend on killing me after this?
I was dumbly standing in front of two beams cutting through the darkness when I heard a muffled shot. My knees gave out, and I fell to the ground, hugging my torso tight. I tasted fear on my tongue. It was bitter and a cold sweat soaked my dress when I began breathing rapidly like I was hyperventilating.
Oh shit, I was hyperventilating.
The gunshot had to have been the real thing, meaning Larry was dead or dying. I now saw my life as Jaben put it—meaningless. Writing books and playing with money I barely earned was no way to live. Would Jaben come back and take me for a walk as well?
I needed to be stronger than this puddle of fear squatting on the ground. I am better than that piece of shit; I told myself. That's the ticket Lisette, get your fucking ass up, I bullied myself. My will to live had me standing, telling myself I had to be brave and unflinching. Weakness lured in evil—like the killer in the woods.
I would be the killer.
In fact, I would not allow Jaben the honor of killing me.
But, even as I thought about Jaben pointing the black 9mm in my face and pulling the trigger, I knew he hadn't brought me out here for that. His body language and eyes said he was lonely. His kiss had been foreplay and my chasing after him strange fate.
I brushed dirt from my legs, then took off the low slung heels, letting my feet become accustomed to the wet, soft dirt. I knew how to fight, having two older brothers and changeable temperament. If Jaben intended to harm me, I wasn't going quietly.
Tree brushes rustled then Jaben's stocky figure emerged from the dark. I looked at his hands, noting the gun was gone. His face showed no expression of anger or guilt or any other readable expression. I took a wide stance, body stiff at the ready for flight if necessary.
"You're still here?' he asked looking me over, "Lisette, why not run through the night telling everyone how you escaped from a deranged killer?"
His tone was mocking and anger and selfish pride bubbled up inside, causing me to forget about how truly precarious my situation was. Jaben is sinfully gorgeous, but I was not the damsel he made me sound like. I glared at his approaching smirking face.
"If you are deranged, then I guess so am I," I haughtily snapped, "Because I don't run away. I make others do that."
His low chuckle was sensual as he lowered his head, swinging his body in a relaxed manner. I didn't step back when his booted feet stopped inches from my naked toes. He gave me a lustful glance, head still bent. My heart felt like it was going to explode right out of my damn chest but I showed him only contempt.
He looked thoughtfully at me for several seconds.
"Lisette, Larry will not be returning from our walk," Jaben lifted his head, squaring those wide shoulders, eyes dark as coal staring me down, "What do you think about that? Be honest."
"I'm not afraid of you," I firmly stated, feeling it inside, "I am not concerned about peoples problems either. You could have told me to fuck off back at Jerry's. Why did you take me?"
My outraged tone of voice made Jaben state at me in surprise. "Well, I suppose I could have done that. My job doesn't allow me to play with others. Maybe I saw you as a temptation I couldn't let go twice."
"Temptation?" I found myself feeling for Jaben, his low concise statement had so much emotion behind it, "Or distraction Jaben? Am I going to be able to resist you when you so obviously intend to play with me?"
His slow, pleased smile set my heart racing in a completely different way from before.
Danger.
He had it in spades and I was totally aroused. Pressing my thighs together I lamented how easily I was drawn to bad boys and Jaben is a top fucking dog, looking ready to devour me where I stood. Why did he have to be a damn murderer?
"You are very brave," he touched my flushed cheek in a quick brush of rough knuckles, "I want you to get into the car and drive. We will return to your friends' party and take your car."
"How do you know I have a car?" I whispered shakily because he leaned close to where our lips nearly met.
Once more his small, erotic smile melted my fear, "I watched this beautiful brunette in a small red dress get out of a white Mustang convertible and oddly enough, it was you."
He had seen me before I had ever laid eyes on him? He called me beautiful too. I did not want to drive, but arguing was not a good idea. I shrugged, picked up my shoes and got into the car.
Jaben sat in the back passenger seat so he could watch me, "Tell me, Lisette, doesn't it bother you what I did?"
I focused on the narrow country road, "Yes."
"Then why don't you show it? Is it because you thought I was going to come back and kill you?"
I swallowed the sudden clog in my throat before snapping, "I'm trying to drive! Can we discuss this later?"
He genuinely laughed for the first time, "Shit, you talk like you don't fear anything. I'm just surprised is all. The women I know fear men with loaded weapons. Especially ones who shoot men in cold blood."
I was shaking and he could see it. My fingers wrapped tightly around the wheel until they turned white. Why was he trying to scare me? Unnerve my fucking nerve? Was it a test to see how far I could bend before I snapped?
To see how far I would go with him?
Nearly a mile from Jerry's he ordered me to pull over into a side rest and get out of the vehicle. I did everything he said quiet but gloweringly. I couldn't hide my temper quite as easily as Jaben.
"You and I will sneak back," he motioned for me to walk, "Do not talk to anyone if we happen to get spotted. How long do his parties usually last?"
"A long time," I sigh, trying to walk as fast as he was, "Jerry stays up for days having as much fun as possible. I should have let you run off and found another dick."
"Is that all you wanted?" he teased, grinning fully unlike his usual sly manner, "A fuck is all you wanted from me?"
I couldn't help but feel slutty realizing what he meant, "Sometimes that's all I get. You're attractive plus you came across like a playboy so what else did you think I would expect? You kissed me."
"You liked it."
"So did you," I shot back, "That's why you've taken me hostage."
"You're not my hostage," his voice turned serious.
"Bullshit!" I cried, "You pointed a gun at me. I can't believe I find myself drawn to you Jaben when normal women, like you said, run with sirens going off."
"Why are you openly admitting it?"
We were near Jerrys'. My admittance was fueled by adrenaline and it kept spewing out of my mouth, "It's not that I like this, I just want to be succumbed to what makes me weak. I've always been idiosyncratic."
"Idiosyncratic?" his voice filled with humor and confusion, "You speak well for a rich chick."
I snorted, "What would you know about me? What do I know of you? I think I intrigue you."
"Excuse me?" he grabbed my arm turning me into a clump of trees near my car, "risk like you took tonight get people killed for no reason. You should be dead."
I stared into his eyes, feeling no fear. Tentatively I brought my fingers up to touch the smoothness of his strong jaw. I didn't care he was trying to scare me with his manhandling because it turned me on. I wish I knew what was wrong with me.
"Lisette," he huskily spoke my name, gripping my hips in his large hands, "Don't you realize the position you've places us both in? I don't think you do."
I slowly brought my lips to his, waiting for him to stop me but he didn't. The wonderfully perfect sensation coursing through me when he kissed me back felt perfect. He jerked my body flush to his hips, opening my mouth with an unrelenting tongue.
Spinning.
The world titled on its axis but Jaben kept me steady spinning desire all around us like a delicate dangerous web. Was it so awful to want Jaben when he very well could murder in an instant?
"Let's go," Jaben growled, abruptly ending the impassioned kiss, "and don't stop until we're in the car."
I nodded, still reeling from the mind-blowing embrace. With my hand in his, he led us to my car which was clear of other vehicles. Seems people had cleared out of the party since it was so late.
No one saw.
No one stopped Jaben from kidnapping me in a second vehicle.
I started my car, which was clean and smelled of jasmine and deodorizer. Jaben extracted a cell phone from the pocket in his pants but didn't turn it on. Nervously, I exited Jerry's estate, driving towards Tucker City.
"Where would you like me to go?" I calmed asked, stealing glances in the mirror.
Jaben seemed irritated, and it sunk in I was really in danger. He should have left me beside Larrys' corpse. Whoever he worked for made him look at me with lustful but undecided eyes. I was big trouble for this man.
"Take us to your place," he finally snapped, "I will tell you when we get there exactly what you've done to us. To you. You have made me make a mistake I will hopefully not regret. Where do you live?"
"I just moved into a house on Crystal Lane, up in the valley. It's new."
"Wow, well, I wasn't wrong assuming you have money then."
"I'm not that rich."
"Money in the bank is money in the bank sweetheart."
"Are you paid well?"
His jaw tightened, "Just drive. No more talking."
My home was pretty much all I had besides my car. It hadn't been cheap. If Jaben intended on knowing about me, then he could easily kill me at a later date. I wasn't stupid, just a tad crazy. I felt fear but suppressed it with calming breaths.
I pulled my car into the double garage then let us into the five-bedroom house. I had practically no furniture because I hadn't lived there long. Jaben told me to sit in the kitchen and took a quick tour of the place. I nervously opened a bottle of champagne my agent had given me months ago, needing a drink for what was coming.
I was in the most trouble of my young life so downed the bubbly straight from the bottle waiting for the gorgeous hitman to come back and kill me.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIPPY

Nippy    She is my iceberg. I have only glimpsed a sneak peek while she hides herself beneath I tell her she is sinking Doing everything I can to thaw the frost on her lips g ives me cracks no one can see as  I watch my glacial queen drift away  in unpredictable seas away from me... Joy4no1

Tricking Astrid (Ch 1)

    Chapter 1 Astrid thought the world of her boyfriend. They had started dating after meeting on the dance floor of a club she frequented. The club was called Bounce and boy did it every Friday and Saturday. He was extremely handsome, which at first made her wonder why he chose her. She wasn't unattractive, just the typical brunette type who men usually found boring at first glance. Blondes had better fun, right? He'd romanced her, made her feel special in little ways until she thought she was in love. Remy was his name and after three months they had yet to have sex. She was never pressured or approached by him like that. What they had gone beyond physical admiration. But after three months she did begin to question WHY they'd not had sex. She lived alone in a two-bedroom house left to her by her deceased grandparents. In actuality, she had no living family. Her friends were few, mostly ones she'd occasionally see at Bounce. She went dancing to cure her

You

YOU tell me I shouldn't care about YOU,      that all your promises were heartfelt but not meant to come true. I believed in YOU. I wanted YOU to believe in us too. My heart has to learn now      how not to beat for two. I am always thinking of YOU. My memory burns with YOU. How could YOU be so cruel? J.M.