Skip to main content

Tricking Astrid (Ch 6.3)

 Chapter 6 (part3)

"Calder?"
He jumped, hearing Astrid's boyfriend say his name. Calder tensed, looking the other way where Remy sat, hidden in shadows. The bastard had probably seen and heard everything! Why was Remy sneaking around? Calder had a creepy feeling about Remy since they'd met. The guy was too closed off.
Remy stood, slowly walking over to where Calder sat, "You like Astrid, huh? Well, I don't blame you. She's really great."
Calder didn't let the asshole faze him, "She is. What are you doing? Spying?"
Remy folded his tall body down into the seat Astrid had vacated, "Yes."
Calder didn't know what Remy ploy was, but he was honest at least. "Sorry man. I know it's rude to hit on another man's chick, but I find myself unable to stop with Astrid."
"I understand," Remy tone of voice was patiently unnerving, "I tried to stop myself from getting attached as well, but she's got spunk and low self-esteem all at once. She makes me happy. You like that in a woman too, huh?"
Calder leaned back in his chair as if Remy didn't bother him, "I don't think she has esteem issues but then again, I have only just met her. Tell me, Remy, how long have you followed Astrid around unaware? Your behavior is very strange for a man who looks capable of having his pick of the ladies."
Remy's eyes narrowed, "Listen, you little prick, Astrid is special to me and I won't have some piece of shit like you waltzing in for just a quick fuck."
Calder had his 'Law Face' on now, calm and attentive to details. He was also very aware of the physical fight that may ensue if he didn't choose his words right. Remy was taller and wider than he was and it wouldn't go over well with his family if he got into a fight when he'd only just returned.
Remy's face had flushed but recovered after his little rant. Calder waited. He wanted Remy's confession of stalking Astrid but he really didn't need it. He hoped Astrid was capable of handling herself with this man. He could sense a violent undertone in Remy.
"Isn't that your goal?" Remy snapped, "Just to fuck Astrid? If it is, you won't be disappointed."
Calder raised an eyebrow, "Your tone suggests I may. Aren't you going to tell Astrid to stay away from me and all that jealous shit? I would like more than a 'quick fuck'."
Remy snorted, "Why should I bother telling her? She works with you. She'd do it even if I did say something to that effect."
Remy and Calder eyed each other.
"What if I made a deal with you?" Remy proposed quietly, surprising Calder further, "A deal that Astrid can never know about."
Calder considered, "I'm listening, Remy."
Astrid waited at the bar for Remy. She was glad Calder didn't approach her again. The appeal of him was getting a little too much to keep refusing. Calder was such a charmer. Such a smooth talker when she only wanted him to shut up.
Astrid looked at her watch. It was eight and still no sign of Remy. Her cell phone suddenly rang and vibrated at the same time. She felt the vibration rather than heard the ring over the loud din.
It was Remy.
"Where are you?" she anxiously yelled into the phone, "It's crazy here."
Wherever he was it was quiet, "Delayed. Go home if you'd like. Sorry babe, no show on my part. I'll make it up to you, I promise."
She frowned, "Why are you delayed? Work? I mean, you never talk about your job. What the hell do you DO Remy?"
"Astrid, I can barely hear you. It's too noisy there. I'll come over tomorrow. Bye."
Frustrated, she stormed out of the club, pushing people out of her way. The night air felt good. Her furious temperament was about Remy and his constant work avoidance. Why did he refuse to answer? It was so stupid. Didn't he realize she was getting fed up? Really! Remy was obviously hiding something from her. Oh God, what if he had a wife? Kids?
She saw Calder by his truck, talking on his phone as he leaned over the side of the tailgate. He looked so good. Astrid shook her head, ashamed. Remy deserved her loyalty, not her checking out Calder. She needed to put a stop on the paranoid thoughts.
Calder got off the phone, saw her then yelled, "Hey! Astrid! Come here!"
She hesitated. She DID need a ride home. A taxi cost but so did Calder. Her indecision was coming to her with a cocky stride.
"Well," he smirked, "No boyfriend?"
She crossed her arms, "He had to cancel."
Something flashed in his eyes. She saw it. It was almost like... he knew already. She felt awkward, standing in the parking lot with gorgeous Calder looking expectantly at her.
"Who would've thought?" He shrugged, "Need a ride home?"
She sighed, "Not if you make remarks like THAT Calder."
He sobered, "You're right. Excuse me. So?"
She nodded, "Alright. Thank you."
Calder smiled as he followed behind her to the truck. He opened her door politely, not looking at her legs. He got into the truck, started the engine but didn't leave.
Astrid looked nervously at him, "Is something wrong?"
He was looking ahead, hands gripping the wheel. She wondered why he looked so sad suddenly. His usual playful demeanor was gone as he simply stared out the windshield.
"Calder?" She softly said his name.
He blinked, put the truck in reverse shaking his head, "I was just thinking."
"What's wrong?"
"Oh," He grinned, but it lacked the typical warmth she usually felt, "Nothing Astrid. I'm fine. So, home? Or my place?"
Was he serious? She couldn't wait to hear Remy ask her that very question. "Yeah right, nice try buddy."
He chuckled, "What? I wouldn't do anything to you. Come on, it's Friday night. Live a little."
"Remy-"
"Remy stood you up," He snapped, "I just want to spend time with someone who listens. It's fucking nice to talk to someone who listens and doesn't want something from me or telling to tell me what I should be doing. All week my brothers have been riding my ass."
She softened, "All right. But no funny business."
He perked up, going the opposite way from her side of town. "Hey, funny business is not funny. Tell me, Astrid, what kind of work does Remy do?"
She frowned, glaring out the window, "To tell you the truth... I don't know."
"Why not?"
She huffed, feeling embarrassed. Telling Calder these things would only feed his desire to make her think Remy wasn't good for her.
"He hasn't told me," She softly admitted, "Nor has he shown me where he lives."
"Why not?" He repeated.
She looked at him, seeing he showed no sign of amusement or any other emotion really, "I've asked. Remy just doesn't talk much about himself."
"You told me you two had a bond."
"We do!" she felt like she was defending Remy, "He is very interested in ME. I have tried to get him to open up, but it's like he avoids personal questions."
Calder lived in the city. His condo was on the fourth floor of a secured building. Chris lived on the 2nd. Calder parked in the underground lot without asking any more questions. She was glad. She was also very nervous now that they were on their way up in the lift going to his place. Why had she accepted his offer knowing his attraction? He had kissed her in the club! What would he do in his home? What would SHE do?
Crap Astrid, you really ask for trouble, don't you? She chided herself, you're a whore and Remy will never want anything to do with you if he finds out.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIPPY

Nippy    She is my iceberg. I have only glimpsed a sneak peek while she hides herself beneath I tell her she is sinking Doing everything I can to thaw the frost on her lips g ives me cracks no one can see as  I watch my glacial queen drift away  in unpredictable seas away from me... Joy4no1

Tricking Astrid (Ch 1)

    Chapter 1 Astrid thought the world of her boyfriend. They had started dating after meeting on the dance floor of a club she frequented. The club was called Bounce and boy did it every Friday and Saturday. He was extremely handsome, which at first made her wonder why he chose her. She wasn't unattractive, just the typical brunette type who men usually found boring at first glance. Blondes had better fun, right? He'd romanced her, made her feel special in little ways until she thought she was in love. Remy was his name and after three months they had yet to have sex. She was never pressured or approached by him like that. What they had gone beyond physical admiration. But after three months she did begin to question WHY they'd not had sex. She lived alone in a two-bedroom house left to her by her deceased grandparents. In actuality, she had no living family. Her friends were few, mostly ones she'd occasionally see at Bounce. She went dancing to cure her

You

YOU tell me I shouldn't care about YOU,      that all your promises were heartfelt but not meant to come true. I believed in YOU. I wanted YOU to believe in us too. My heart has to learn now      how not to beat for two. I am always thinking of YOU. My memory burns with YOU. How could YOU be so cruel? J.M.