Skip to main content

Tricking Astrid (ch 5.1)

 Chapter 5- part 1

     Astrid felt apprehensive. Calder had given her his cell phone number before he'd left the library. She was nervous to call. Remy was her boyfriend. She was about to call another guy to arrange a semi-date. That wasn't right. Right?
True, Calder would be her boss. Is her boss. The Lewises had always been her excuse to break dates before with Remy. Sometimes she'd have to stay late with Cody or Cameron to find the right angle of material relating to their cases. Remy knew how she valued her job and told her he admired that devotion. She took pride in her work for the lawyers.
Calder was only asking to be shown a good time. If she had been a man, it would be the same. Calder knew no one in town. He was only asking her to be a tour guide. Remy would understand. Right?
Frustrated, she tried to call Remy once more. He did not pick up. She left a message at last. "Hi. It's Astrid. I hope you are not avoiding me. I had a strange day at work. Turns out there are four Lewis brothers. Ha. I was asked to show him around," Partly lying was not being untruthful she told herself, "I'll call you tomorrow then. Bye..."
She was pissed at Remy. Why was he playing this game? Hopefully, her message would make him call. If not... oh well. Nothing she could do, like go to his house because he refused to share that with her.
Astrid showered then as she sat on her bed in only a towel she called Calder. He answered immediately, sounding even sexier over the phone.
"Astrid," he purred her name, "I had hoped you wouldn't back out of your offer. How are you?"
She felt shy suddenly, picking at the towel. "I'm fine, thank you. How are you, Calder?"
"I would be better if I weren't sitting alone in this large condo my father found. Found in its directly next to Chris and Jamie's."
She laughed. "So big brother can watch over you? How sweet. I'm just out of the shower and-"
"Are you wet?" he purred.
She sucked in her breath, caught off-guard by his question. The question MADE her wet where she had not been before. Was he flirting? No. But why ask such a loaded question?
"What?" she let out a snort of disbelief.
"I asked if you were still wet Astrid," he kept his tone of voice smooth and oh-so-sexy, "Just took a shower? I'm sorry, excuse my naughty side. It has a mind of its own sometimes. It gets me into situations most women slap me for."
She found herself grinning. "At least you're honest. Honesty about these things may save your face from unwanted slap-age."
Now he gave a hearty laugh, "You're funny. So, when am I going to see YOUR pretty face?"
She nervously fiddled with the towel. "Soon. I don't have a car."
"I'll pick you up," he quickly offered.
"Or we could meet up?"
"No. Let me pick you up. Give me your address Astrid."
She did, to which he promised to only give her twenty minutes to prepare before he was dragging her out for 'Buddy' time. She hung up feeling like a traitor to Remy by the smile on her face. Calder had excited her when she should've stopped it. She jumped off the bed, hurrying to dress.
Calder showed up fifteen minutes later, not twenty as he promised. She'd already put on her black halter top with a flowing sleeve side and a black skirt which showed off her legs. She'd only just finished her makeup when he knocked. In a panic, she hurriedly brushed out her hair then ran to throw the door open.
He grinned at her on the porch. He looked absolutely gorgeous wearing the same outfit she'd seen him in six hours earlier. Calder was as laid back as she originally thought.
"Come in," she cursed at herself for blushing already under his smile, "I'll be ready in a minute."
"Here I thought you looked good enough to..." he looked her up and down very obviously which caused her blood to pump faster to her cheeks, "eat."
"I'll be right back."
She nearly ran to her room. The sensation he seemed to arouse within her was overwhelmingly sinful. Could he REALLY like her? Except for Remy, no other man of their caliber had given her the time of day.
Calder came from a long line of influential power hitters. Men like him just didn't go out in public with mousy girls like her. Chris's wife Jamie had been a model. All of Cody's women that she'd seen had been complete air heads with incredible bodies. Cameron girlfriend Hope was a commercial actress. Maybe all Calder was looking for was a little office nookie. He had shamelessly flirted with her from the moment she'd laid eyes on the man.
She picked her phone off of the nightstand and saw no missed calls from Remy. She held it tightly before deciding to shut it off, tossing it back.
Calder drove a rebuilt old Ford pickup truck. She smiled when sitting in it. She had expected Calder to be driving a Corvette like Cody. Boy, he really was not like his brothers and she liked that a lot.
"This club have booze?" he asked following her directions, "I want one drink with you."
"Yes, they do. What? Why do you want to drink with me? Calder, I told you a have a boyfriend."
"So what?" he slyly smiled, "I still got you to go out, didn't I? Relax Astrid, I'm not a jerk. I may come across strong, but it's just my way. Chris and I constantly fight because of it."
She tried to loosen up. "Why did you go through all of those hoops if not to be a good lawyer? I get the feeling you don't plan on being a fourth 'C' up on that sign of theirs."
Calder lost his amusement. He turned serious, gripping the old steering wheel as he turned sharply around a corner. "My family makes lawyers. I'm a debater."
"Better than masterbator," she quipped.
His grin immediately returned, eyes constantly glancing towards her with quiet approval. "Says YOU. I think you are very funny Astrid. Oh, compassionate and smart to boot."
"You don't know me," she shyly grumbled turning to face the window.
"I will. I want to. Hey is that it?"
She nodded, noticing the half-empty lot. It was a very slow Monday night inside, yet she had a feeling with Calder it wouldn't be for long.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NIPPY

Nippy    She is my iceberg. I have only glimpsed a sneak peek while she hides herself beneath I tell her she is sinking Doing everything I can to thaw the frost on her lips g ives me cracks no one can see as  I watch my glacial queen drift away  in unpredictable seas away from me... Joy4no1

Tricking Astrid (Ch 1)

    Chapter 1 Astrid thought the world of her boyfriend. They had started dating after meeting on the dance floor of a club she frequented. The club was called Bounce and boy did it every Friday and Saturday. He was extremely handsome, which at first made her wonder why he chose her. She wasn't unattractive, just the typical brunette type who men usually found boring at first glance. Blondes had better fun, right? He'd romanced her, made her feel special in little ways until she thought she was in love. Remy was his name and after three months they had yet to have sex. She was never pressured or approached by him like that. What they had gone beyond physical admiration. But after three months she did begin to question WHY they'd not had sex. She lived alone in a two-bedroom house left to her by her deceased grandparents. In actuality, she had no living family. Her friends were few, mostly ones she'd occasionally see at Bounce. She went dancing to cure her

You

YOU tell me I shouldn't care about YOU,      that all your promises were heartfelt but not meant to come true. I believed in YOU. I wanted YOU to believe in us too. My heart has to learn now      how not to beat for two. I am always thinking of YOU. My memory burns with YOU. How could YOU be so cruel? J.M.